Monday, November 26, 2012

Quiet Forest


I love this simple masking technique. This is a great all around card too, just leave the sentiment off until you need a card, then add the birthday, thank you or anything else that comes up.  I made a batch of these for a recent swap with the Southern Savvy Sisters Stampin' Up! group. I added Natural buttons to those cards.


To make the card, mask off the part you want to stamp on using lift off tape or post-it notes. Sponge or daub the colors for the background. Leave it light so it does not overpower your stamped image. Yes, experiment with colors! Then I stamped the tree (Lovely as a Tree set) using Old Olive. After inking the stamp, I used the Early Espresso marker to draw the trunk on the stamp. Then I stamped twice without re-inking. I lifted the mask for the second round so I could have a branch reaching out into the white space.

I hope you enjoyed this one, and have some time to experiment on your own. Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment