Sunday, September 16, 2012

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String

These are a few of my favorite things!  Yes, on this one simple brown paper bag - are some of my favorite Stampin' Up! items. This one was focusing on Halloween - but what an affordable way to make a treat for someone. 100 brown lunch bags for $1.25 at the grocery store - you can't beat that! What an easy way to brighten someones day. Let me share with you some of the favorites on this bag though.
First off is the Blossom Punch, I use this one a lot! Yes, it coordinates with the Mixed Bunch Stamp set, but you can use it in many ways. Here I layered it with my other favorite punch - the BoHo Blossom. It has three blossoms and a million ways to use them.  The little Frankenstien is from the Holiday Catalog in the Googly Ghouls stamp set.  Having a blast with these, though I did not add the googly eyes on this one.


Remember that Blossom punch from above - that is what I used to make this wonderful flower! Punch out five flowers, pierce them in the centers. Mist them with water - Stampin' Up!'s spritzer tool works well for this.  Use a small brad and layer the flowers together. You can do all one color or mix and match as I have done (Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, and Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper). Gently pull up each layer around the brad, scrunching it as you go. Do just one layer at at time. Then when all is wadded up, slowly un"scrunch" them leaving the center somewhat closed.  If you want more detailed directions, contact me and I can email you a step by step instruction sheet.


And yes, some more favorites - I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder for the paper bag. On the Top Note Die cut for the handle, I used the Chevron embossing folder.  I punched out the handle using the Modern Label punch. The package is tied closed with the Bakers Twine in Lucky Limeade.  The cute little tag I actually created in MDS2 the digital design software from Stampin' Up!  It is so easy to make little tags like this for any occasion. Making treats for a class? You can easily add each student's name to personalize your treats. 

I hope you enjoyed this whirlwind of favorites - I would love to hear from you which are your favorite items from Stampin' Up!.

No comments:

Post a Comment