Saturday, August 17, 2013

Petite Purses Party Favors



I had a lot of fun making these special purses.  Today I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a fundraiser for a local organization, CVAN. My table mate (partner in crime) and I decided it would be fun to have party favors at our table. So with the help of Stampin' Up!'s Petite Purse die cut, I was able to whip these up in no time.  Yes, it would have been a little faster if I did the same pattern, but where is the fun in that?

If you live in the Cabarrus County area of North Carolina, and are not familiar with CVAN, they are a very special organization that provides help and shelter to battered women and children.  If you would like to learn more about what they do and perhaps how you can help, please visit their website at www.CVAN.org.

So I will keep it simple and just show you the different purses up close, and the different ingredients used. All start with the Petite Purse Bigz L die cut. 

The one above has Basic Black card stock for the base. The Language of Friendship (retired) stamp set and Boho Blossom Punch creates the flowers. Basic Jewels Rhinestones were added.
 


Baked Brown Sugar card stock gets this one started. The flower is the Flower Shop stamp set, with the Pansy punch. The center was created layers a Vintage Faceted Designer Button and with a Basic Jewels Pearl in the center.
 

The base purse is from Smoky Slate card stock. The Flower Shop stamp set and Pansy punch create the flower. A Basic Jewel Pearl has been added to the center.

Here I used some retired Designer Series Paper in Old Olive.  The Best of Butterflies stamp set was used along with the Elegant Wings punch.  A couple of Basic Jewels Pearls were added to the butterfly. 

I do try to keep them pretty simple so as to not overwhelm the whole purse.  These were filled with Dove chocolate, but you can add any type of candy or trinket.  I hope that you enjoy these - with Christmas coming up, this would be a great way to make favors for all your friends or co-workers.  Don't have time to do it? Contact me about placing an order for the holidays!  Email me at MightyOakStampers@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment