Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Punch art flower


There were so many (okay, even more than that!) samples on display at convention. I took a ton of photos but accepted the fact that I would not capture on film all the ones I loved. I saw this one and had to try to duplicate it. This little flower is created using the Large Oval Punch.  I punched out five ovals using Summer Starfruit card stock. I then used my dauber to add a little in in the same color around the edges and on end.   Using the Little Leaves Sizzlit, I created the leaves in Gumball Green. I drew in the stem from the flower to the top leaf with a Gumball Green Marvelous Marker.  The flower was assembled on Whisper White card stock, then layered on Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit.  The words Thank You come from a new stamp set called Lots of Thanks. I don't know, but there was just something so sweet about this little blossom that I had to try to create. 

I hope that you are inspired by some of my creations, even the ones that I have shared from other sources. Creativity creates creativity... if you are ever stuck and feeling uninspired, they say the best thing to do is get your hands working. Copy this card or anything else and once your hands start working, the brain will release itself and you will be off and running. Hey, it can't hurt to try, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment