Thursday, June 27, 2013

CASEd Stencilled Serene Silhouettes.


I love this idea - which was shared by one of the ladies at the stamping night I attended last week with some fellow demonstrators. Sue designed a card using a framelit cutout for a stencil.  She then had us stamp flowers in the center. Above, I used the Labels Framelits to create my stencil. I sponged the stencil in Smoky Slate. The stamp is from the Serene Silhouettes set inked in Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry.  The sentiment comes from the Petite Pairs set. 

So this is how CASE-ing can work. I loved Sue Oehler's card, but I did not have the same materials at home. So I swapped the items out to work with what I did have. Though I am seriously eyeing the flower she used from the Field Flowers stamp set. Here is the original design that I cased. 

 
I still like Sue's version better - the flowers have a lot more depth, though I confess I am quite bow challenged.  Another option would be a new set called Too Kind which is on page 71 in the new catalog.  It is a two step flower like the ones above.  If you feel like making any of the cards here, remember you can order any time of the day at www.HilarySmith.StampinUp.net
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment