Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fathers Day Card


Here's a quick card idea for Father's Day!  Yes, pop a few fishing hooks in there and he is good to go!  The base of the card is Baked Brown Sugar card stock. The pockets are Early Espresso and Soft Suede. Yes, I had a blast playing with my neutrals.  I even threw in some Crumb Cake for the inside.   To get the woven look on the outside of the vest, I used the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. This would also make a great birthday card for your favorite fisherman. Here is another version.



 I thought about doing it as a sweater vest too but haven't had a chance to try it yet. You can also add some brads and eyelets and Natural Linen Thread to tie the vest closed. It adds a nice touch, however, I could only imagine some people ripping the card trying to get it open. I opted for the easy open card. 




No comments:

Post a Comment