Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Modern Medley & Really Good Greetings

Funny how cards work sometimes. When I pulled out the Really Good Greetings stamp set, I saw the one above and instantly knew it was going to be a black and white card. So I followed that path. I grabbed my new package of Modern Medley Designer Series Paper. What a great set of patterns, yes, all in Basic Black and Very Vanilla. While sometimes a black and white card can seem sharp, having the off white Very Vanilla in these papers softens the effect. For a touch of color, I added a layer of Cherry Cobbler in the framing around the stamped words.  The flower from the Love & Sympathy stamp set was inked with Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler. 

I hope you enjoyed this card, I really have a blast doing cards like this. Ones that come out of the blue but seem to just fall together.  There are some amazing new items in the new catalog like the papers and stamps above.  If you don't have your catalog yet, stop by my Open House on Saturday to get your copy and to play with some of the new products.  Email me at MightyOakStampers@yahoo.com for directions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment