Friday, May 3, 2013

Addicted to the Swallowtail Stamp...


I confess, I can't get enough of this stamp. I use it then put it away. But then I get another crazy idea and have to see what the idea actually looks like on paper. This one is having a harder time translating over to the photo version. Now looking at it, I am thinking I should add a little shimmer to it next time (which will also not show up in a photo!) perhaps just embossed in Clear embossing powder and hmmmm, a little Iridescent Ice mixed in?  You will have to check back in a few days to see if I shared that experiment.  So back to this card!  Here I used the Swallowtail stamp with my Very Vanilla Craft Stampin' Pad. I stamped on Very Vanilla card stock to get just a shadowy effect. I layered it on Crumb Cake card stock.  I left it without words for now, but you could easily use this for a birthday, thank you, or even a sympathy card. 

See what happens with cards - you start down one road, and then see something else, or get a new idea.... but creativity starts with creativity.... you have to make the time for it. Even five minutes of play time will make you feel better!  Keep stamping and keep creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment