Saturday, May 25, 2013

Swallowtail AND Best of Butterflies


It's a butterfly bonanza! Yes, I had to say it.  This was a new one for me. I was making a card for a friend, but this was to be signed by everyone she worked with as well. So I went with a larger card using a full sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 Basic Black card stock.  On the background layer of Wisteria Wonder, I have embossed the Swallowtail stamp using Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. It is kind of hard to capture on film, but I tried.



It is funny how looking at the card, the Swallowtail butterflies manage to stay in the background but also POP at the same time depending on the light. To that I layered square of Basic Black and Wisteria Wonder and stamped those with a Best of Butterflies stamp. That was the April release for the Best of 25 series that Stampin' Up is offering this year.  You can find it in the online store under Special Offers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment