Friday, May 10, 2013

The Open Sea - Stormy Weather


Some days are not filled with smooth sailing. But as Louisa May Alcott said, "I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship"  The Open Sea is one of my favorite stamp sets. Though I may not use it as often as some of my others, I always love the finished result.  Here I have paired it with Not Quite Navy and Crumb Cake ink and card stock.  A little Linen Thread adds a bit more texture as well.

The background for the ship was created by coloring my block with my Not Quite Navy Marker. I just zipped back and forth and then pressed the block on to Whisper White card stock. I ended up with the perfect backdrop for my ship.  Go ahead, do a little experimenting with your blocks and see what happens! 

Want to learn more techniques? Remember to sign up for the class this Tuesday evening from 7-9.  You can RSVP on my website, my Facebook page or by emailing me at MightyOakStampers@yahoo.com  I hope to see you then!

1 comment: