Thursday, May 31, 2012

Let's find "Your Way!"


So this started out pretty simply... I was looking at the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set and thinking about my Open House on Sunday afternoon. And I was racking my brain as to figuring out the perfect make and take for people to experience. (yes, I do have one planned, but was second guessing myself) My problem is that I sometimes make them too difficult or they involve too many steps for an Open House. Perfect for a focused workshop, but not an Open House.  Well, as usual, I got a little sidetracked. I started thinking of the different skill levels of participants and what my customers tend to like... and I love the fact that there is a whole range of people and tendencies out there! Isn't that what this is all about???? As I continuously tell my three year old - "it's ART - you can't really do it wrong, you make it special just for you and that is all that matters!" 


The first card is just keeping it simple - Whisper White cardstock and using just the stamps. The only "extra" is that I stamped the blossom using first Primrose Petals and then Raspberry Ripple over it. Cute enough and could be used for any occasion.



The second variation of the same card just adds a little depth. I have stamped the bird and blossom on other paper and then added them to the card using my Stampin' Dimensionals (Love them!!!). I added the Naturals Designer Button (new item) with some of the Linen Thread.
The third version adds a lot more depth and layering to the card. The base was stamped, then two layers Midnight Muse and then Whisper White. The leaves were stamped directly onto the white cardstock. The bird was added and then the wings were given an additional layer using the Stampin' Dimensionals. The flower was popped with a Dimensional, then popped again with a stamped flower that I made using the Blossom punch. Then another of Betsy's blossoms was added to the top. The Gumball Green ribbon was added as well. 

 An angle view of the card shows the leaves and top blossom were also given a little kick and sparkle using Stampin' Up!'s Dazzling Diamonds.

So this is really what it is all about..... sometimes you set off on one plan or thought in your head of what you want to be doing.. then you just start reaching for things and cutting other things and poof...  see what happens?  I had a blast coming up with these demo cards that really show how easy it is to go from one level to the next and that all are perfectly fine.  Some might like the first for the simple lines and ease of making them, others might like the third because of the extra sparkle.  Stampin' Up! is focusing on the theme "My Way" this year and for everyone to figure out what works best for them to be successful. I hope that you will come to one of my events and let me help you find which way works best for you! As longs as you are creating from your heart, it will be beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment