Thursday, January 10, 2013

Making a Difference

 
 
What an awesome way to start Leadership 2013!  I was able to join Stampin' Up for their Service Project. This year, they had long (really long) tables covered with boxes of Stampin' Up! supplies.  Demonstrators were asked to join in the fun by filling bags with all the materials. Wow - I was blown away - to each bag I added quite a few stacks of Designer Series Paper, stamp sets, punches, markers, ribbons, you name it. The bags were just crammed full of supplies, along with the DVD for My Digital Studio.  Then we could add a little tag to the bag we packed up.  All the bags were being boxed up to go to teachers at neighborhood schools - I believe the schools selected were the ones with the most need. I was just thrilled to see so much generosity by Stampin' Up! They truly are Making a Difference in the teachers lives, and in turn their students. I am so blessed to be a part of that! Below are some more photos of the Service Project process.
 
 
 
I have a great start on swaps - so there will be plenty to share with you in the future!  Today was the registration and a reception for first-timers like me. I am so excited for tomorrow when the conference really kicks off! 

1 comment:

  1. Just an update on the Service Project above. Stampin' Up! Demonstrators filled over 2000 bags. The bags were going to K-3 teachers at 138 elementary schools in Orange County Florida where the conference was held.

    ReplyDelete