Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My words for 2013


The end of one year and the beginning of another - kind of a crossroads tending to lead to reflection. One of the highlights for me for 2012 was a better understanding of gratitude and how it could change my life.  Even through struggles, I was amazed that I could find ways to give thanks and recognized how truly blessed I am.  Having that (yes, learned) outlook made my rough times, a lot easier.  So moving into 2013, that is something that I am going to contiue to focus on.  On that note, I want to thank each and every one of  you who follow my blog and have supported me in my first year as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. Let's grow together in the coming year using our creativity to brighten other's days and lives. 

My second word for the day is Zeal. I stumbled upon this in the Define Yourself stamp set.


I am at a point in my life where I am ready to follow my passion. Of course, I made part of that leap a year ago  when I became a demonstrator. Of course, I only hope for that part of my life to continue to grow. Life truly is both too long and too short, to be miserable. Yes, we have times where we need to trudge through (it can't be all moonbeams and butterflies right?) however, during those times, take a little time to reflect and see what makes you feel alive. And then start following those paths.... I am learning that those paths lead to some pretty amazing places. 

As said better by Hunter S. Thompson:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

So thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts (and philosophical rambles) at the beginning of this new year.  My little prints above I did make in Stampin' Up's MDS (My Digital Studio). If you would like a copy, I can email you the jpg file.  Tomorrow I will be back to remind you of the new spring catalog (can I hear a wahooooo!!!!) and all the wonderful treats that Stampin' Up! has in store for you this month...... Only one more day and I can share it with you!

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely said and so very true!! You are an awesome demonstrator and a very beautiful person! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete