Saturday, July 6, 2013

Oval Framelit Triple Layer Oops!


I have to laugh at this one. If you saw the Framelits Triple Layer card last week, this was actually the first attempt at making it.  I had been playing with the new In-Colors of Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana. Using the Oval Framelits, I created ovals in Pistachio and Whisper White.  The Swallowtail image was stamped in Pistachio and an image from Best of Butterflies was stamped in Coastal Cabana.  This method does work somewhat for the triple layer card, but I was not as happy with the final result because the image is lost somewhat. It was a combination of the stamp choices and the extra width of the Pistachio card stock when using the framelits that made me not really like the final product. 

However, I wanted to try again using different colors and framelits, so I put this experiment aside to go down that other path.  A bit later, the table was getting messy, as it usually does while I am in there.  I confess the only time it looks really neat is just before a class, I tend to create using the organized chaos theory.  Anyway.... during the chaos part of that theory, a stamp pad accidentally fell face down (of course!) onto the sample. Instead of just tossing it, I started to play with it to see how it could be salvaged.  The final result is above.  When I was just starting to play with paper I had someone tell me "there are no errors in paper-crafting, only room for embellishments." I still quote that to my students today, and obviously use that theory in practice.  So if you "mess" up a card you are working on, don't throw it out, just put it aside until you can redesign or create something new out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment