Monday, July 15, 2013

Too Kind Convention Swap


A big part of Stampin' Up! Convention is the swaps. Yes, a lot like baseball cards, you get together and swap cards. This is an awesome way to get new ideas and meet a ton of new people. But to get swaps, you have to give swaps. I will be bringing 170 card fronts to Convention this year, which means I will be bringing 170 new designs and ideas home with me!  This is the design that I made to swap.

I kept this somewhat simple, but with enough layers and samples to keep it interesting (hopefully!).  The base card stock is Island Indigo. The next layer of Smoky Slate card stock has been stamped with the new Dictionary Stamp.  It creates my own printed paper - I love it!  The stamped elements come from the Too Kind stamp set. The flowers are a three step process, stamping the stems first, the lighter part of the blossom, then the darker part. I have used Old Olive, Coastal Cabana, and Island Indigo for the flowers.  A piece of Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon runs across the bottom of the card. The words are punched out using the Curly Label punch. 

If you still don't have a new catalog, please contact me and I can get one out to you. You can also shop online anytime www.HilarySmith.StampinUp.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment