Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pansy Punch, Making Lemonade


I had a lot to get done in the office one day, so I invited my four year old to join me in there for a few minutes so I could finish some things up.  It was going pretty well for a few minutes. Which is about the length of a four-year old's attention span when they really don't feel like being in the office. The little guy declares "hey Mom, see I am helping you fold this paper up" and there is a piece of Baked Brown Sugar in his little hands.  My first reaction was to say "stop it can get ruined!" but then realized, this is not so to a small child. So I tried not to panic and as I gently removed it, I said, "Don't you worry, Mommy will figure out what to do with the paper. I can fix it." So then it was my challenge to show him that it could be fixed.

I grabbed the Pansy Punch and punched out some flowers. Then since they already had creases, I actually wadded them up into balls to make them crinklier (yes, I make up words too!).  A little Itty Bitty Shapes punch using Coastal Cabana card stock and a Basic Jewels Pearl in the center finished the flowers.  These were layered on Crisp Cantaloupe, with a layer of Coastal Cabana and Baked Brown Sugar underneath it.  The sentiment comes from the Best of Greetings stamp. 

So now I am thankful that he crumpled my card stock, which inspired this new card.  Just keep playing with your papers and inks, look around at the world inside and outside... you never know where your next idea will come from!

No comments:

Post a Comment