Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Black is Back!



Black is Back? okay, so it never really went anywhere... but last night I decided that I needed to work on a black card and that it would be my personal challenge for today. Yes, I tend to go for all the bright colors - I like them.  Which means that it was time to go into unfamiliar territory - and I loved it. I made three cards today focusing on using black cardstock. Here is the first of my creations.

I was stuck on black and white in my mind, so instead of fighting the thought, I just went with it. The butterflies from the Kindness Matter's stampset were stamped on Basic Black cardstock using the Very Vanilla ink.  I did it twice using one set to cut out and pop up using Stampin' Up! Dimensionals.  To add a little texture to the card, I ran a piece through my BigShot using the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder.  The Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffetta ribbon adds a little depth too.  I finished it using the Just Believe stamp set for my sentiment, the Word Window punch, and a Metalic Brad to attach it.

I had a great time playing "outside of my comfort zone" today. I will share another card tomorrow.
Until then..... keep stamping and go try something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment