Friday, June 8, 2012

A little Polka for the weekend?


Polka Dots!!! I just had fun with this one (okay a disclaimer, I usually have fun with all of them).  I love the combination of color. Stampin' Up! has a wonderful tool to help with choosing colors called the Color Coach (item 120148 on page 151 of the new catalog). For every color they offer, they give two separate three-color combinations.  It is actually a great way to find new inspiration. If I don't have a specific card in mind, I will just pick a color combination and see what happens. 

This combination is Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler (deeper and richer than the Real Red used yesterday) and Baja Breeze.  I used a circle punch for my dots, stamping them with the Petite Pairs stamp set.  To finish it off, I used the Baja Breeze 1/2" seam binding.

And so concludes my Basic Black theme, next up will be some material from My Digital Studio. I am sooooooo thoroughly enjoying MDS and want to share!  So stay tuned :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment