Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Made for You


This was purely experimental (and accidental). I brought home a card swap from Leadership that I just love for its simplicity. It was just two squares, a rectangle and the flower above which is from the Love and Sympathy stamp set.  I thought I would try it with circles.

I punched out my circles to create stencils and got out my Island Indigo and Pool Party stamp pads. If I was going to experiment, I might as well do it with my two favorite colors. Yes, I have favorites, just don't tell the others!  Well, I was not the best at sponging my stencil and perhaps should have created a larger stencil. I got carried away and found ink where is should not be. So what is a stamper to do??? Add another circle there...and now you can see why I have so many circles and not just the simple three. It happens. And that is how it becomes MY card and not just a perfect duplicate of the one I was looking at.  I added the sentiment from the Made for You stamp set and was content with my new creation. 

So when you look at the cards on this blog - feel free to copy them, but remember it is even more wonderful when you put your signature style on them too. Just keep stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment