Thursday, April 25, 2013

Simple Swallowtail


Here is another version of the Swallowtail Stamp from the Spring Catalog. Though they can stand alone just stamped, I have seen some beautiful colored versions of the stamp too. Of course, I had to try it too.  To have a blended look with smudged lines and coloring, use your Sponge Daubers to add some color.  Here I could blend from lighter blues like Pool Party and end up with Island Indigo on the wing edges.  The daubers really give you the ability to control the color level.  The words are from the Especially For You stamp set. 

Have you tried the Sponge Daubers yet? I love them for adding edging to a card, shadowing, and yes, coloring in stamps.  They fit right on the end of your finger for easy use. They are only $10.95 for a package of 12, Item 102892. 
Sponge Daubers - by Stampin' Up!
Don't forget that you can shop my website 24/7 www.HilarySmith.StampinUp.net

No comments:

Post a Comment