Friday, March 29, 2013

Petals-A-Plenty Monochromatic


One of the many benefits of being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, is that I have the opportunity to see what other demonstrators are creating through special websites or pages. I saw this style card the other day and just had to try it!  I decided I was going to do mine in all shades of purple for a friend's birthday.  My card stock is Elegant Eggplant and the layer is Wisteria Wonder. 

To create the card, I cut the Wisteria card stock into strips and placed them in the Petals-A-Plenty Embossing folder side by side with no space in between.  Then just roll it through your BigShot like normal. When you take them back out of the folder, remember to keep them in order so you can place them on your card correctly. (Yes I admit, that was a quick lesson learned after playing puzzle with my pieces).  On this card I used the Labels Framelits to cut the background for the sentiment which comes from the Word Play stamp set.  I added the flowers using the Boho Blossoms punch which is definitely one of my most used ones.  The final touch was the Basic Jewel Pearls. 

After making the one above, I wanted to see the effect using different colors.  Here is one done with Wisteria Wonder, Wild Wassabi and So Saffron. Though I loved the color combination in a recent Easter card, I confess I was not as impressed with this result.


 
So things might not always work out the way you planned, but you are always better off for having tried something new, and you never know what you will discover along the way.  Keep Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment