Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Last "Swirly" Card


 
The last "swirly" card, at least for a while!  This was the last of my samples for my demonstration last week. I just love how the Elegant Butterfly punches pop from the Basic Black card stock.  Of course, I had to add some Basic Jewels Rhinestones to give a little glimmer as well.  The stamp is one of my favorites from the Word Play stamp set. 
 
So finally, how to make the "swirly" paper!
 
Here are your required materials, a paper plate or place for mixing, a stirring stick, one light ink, one dark ink. I tend to stay in the same color spectrum, but the possibilities are endless.  The final material is shaving cream.  Yup, the thick foamy kind. 
 
 
 

Flatten the shaving cream out a little bit and add a drop of each color.


Then with your stick, slowly go back and forth to mix the two colors, but doing it gently so as to not actually blend the colors. You want to see stripes in your shaving cream as shown below.

 
Then all you do is flop your piece of paper into the shaving cream. Here I have used the blossom punch with Whisper White card stock.
 
 
 
It only needs to sit there for a second or two. Then you can scrape off the excess shaving cream. If you have a large white spot and wish to have more color, just strategically plop it again. When satisfied, you can wipe it all off with a paper towel.  Here is your finished product.
 
 
If you liked this technique and want to learn more - check my events listings for the next Techniques Classes. I will be offering one a month, so sign up now because space is limited. 
 
Keep Stampin!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment