Saturday, March 9, 2013

Serene Silhouettes Red Bird


Sometimes a card just pops into my head. Does that happen to you? I had this set out with other cards already mulling in my mind. As soon as I looked at this stamp, I knew one of the birds had to be red!  This is the resulting card.  I love the muted colors of Crumb Cake and Early Espresso offset by the bright Real Red. It reminds me of seeing Cardinals in the long months of winter - that little bit of brightness and cheer in the grays of winter always makes me smile.  For anyone now wondering, no, I haven't always lived here in North Carolina. But back to the card....the greeting comes from my "go to" set Curly Cute.  The card needed a little something more so I added the Natural 7/16" Trim Ribbon.

This is a great neutral card that you could have made up in advance. Just leave space to add your greeting when you need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment