Monday, February 18, 2013

Bloomin Marvelous with Frogs


 



Some days I need a little inspiration to let my brain wander and create the next card. Other days, I will let outside sources influence me. A little while ago, I let it be my four year old.  I was browsing through my Color Coach. My four year old loves the Color Coach and flipping through it too. He decided I should do a card in Old Olive. I asked him to flip over the card and chose the color combinations.  He chose the Old Olive, Melon Mambo, and Elegant Eggplant combination. So you can thank him for the card above.  I stamped first using the Bloomin Marvelous stamp set, which is only available as a Sale-A-Bration item.  The frog was created using oval and circle punches as well as the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack.  I have seen a lot of "punch art" on the sharing boards and had to try one. 

If you don't have a Color Coach, add it to your next order (item 120148). It has samples of all the Stampin' Up! colors, and on the back you get two color combination suggestions. So if you are ever stumped about which colors might look good with other colors - it is a great tool to help you along.

Color Coach - by Stampin' Up!
I have four more challenges coming because you know a four year old is not going to stop at just one choice when they get the Color Coach in their hands.  You never know where your next card idea is going to come from... just let it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment